Learn about private equity
Bain & Company Global Private Equity Report 2020
If 2018 was a year of divergence—acceleration in the US, deceleration in the eurozone and China—2019 saw economies slowing across the board. There is a growing expectation of a global recession in the near future. Beyond the trade wars and uncertainty around Brexit, a number of economic indicators are flashing red or yellow.
Some 57% of private equity fund general partners (GPs) surveyed by Preqin worldwide think the economy has reached a cyclical peak, while 14% think it has already entered a recession. They are also significantly more worried about geopolitical conditions than they were a year earlier. Overall, these concerns about market stability help explain why their No. 1 source of anxiety (70% of respondents) is overheated asset valuations.
Other topics in
- What is Private Equity?
- What is a Private Equity Fund?
- Investing in Private Equity Funds
- Risks in Private Equity
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2022
- Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2022
- Fitch Ratings Special Report - PE CFOs Stable After Coronavirus Recovery
- Fitch Ratings – PE CFO Update: 3Q21
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2021
- Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2021
- Bain & Company Global Private Equity Report 2020
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2020