Learn about private equity
Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2023
As extraordinary and resilient as the post-Covid rally in global private equity proved to be, it was ultimately no match for the Fed. For the first six months of 2022, the industry extended 2021’s record-shattering burst of deal activity, despite persistent inflation, the invasion of Ukraine, and growing tensions with China. Then, in June, when US central bankers issued the first in a series of three-quarter-point interest rate hikes—and their colleagues around the world followed suit—banks pulled back from funding leveraged transactions and dealmaking fell off a cliff, pulling exit and fund-raising totals down with it (see Figure 1).
Other topics in
- What is Private Equity?
- What is a Private Equity Fund?
- Investing in Private Equity Funds
- Risks in Private Equity
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2022
- Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2022
- Fitch Ratings Special Report - PE CFOs Stable After Coronavirus Recovery
- Fitch Ratings – PE CFO Update: 3Q21
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2021
- Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2021
- Bain & Company Global Private Equity Report 2020
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2020