Learn About Private Equity
What is Private Equity?
Private equity ("PE") generally refers to an asset class where equity positions are acquired in private companies. In certain instances, publicly traded companies may be acquired and privatised arising from a PE transaction.
PE investments generally require a large capital outlay in the initial years and have long holding periods. This page broadly introduces this asset class, the industry trends and a general discussion on risks associated with private equity.
Other topics in
- What is Private Equity?
- What is a Private Equity Fund?
- Investing in Private Equity Funds
- Risks in Private Equity
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2021
- Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2021
- Bain & Company Global Private Equity Report 2020
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2020